These vegan & gluten-free oven-fried pickles are the perfect game day snack. Fried pickles are one of my all-time favorite bar foods, and this take on the recipe makes them acceptable any day of the week!
What You’ll Need To Make Oven-Fried Pickles:
- Dill Pickles (whole or chips)
- Almond Flour
- Nutritional Yeast
- Smoked Paprika
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- White Pepper
- Vegan Butter or Oil
- Ingredients for the Ranch Sauce:
- Vegan Mayo
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Almond Milk
How to Make Oven-Fried Pickles
Since we aren't using a fryer, this recipe is actually super quick and easy! Only one bowl and one sheet pan required!
If you have an air-fryer, this recipe works great with it!
First, Slice Pickles & Mix the Dredge
If you chose to use whole pickles, take this time to pat them dry and thinly slice them into chips.
In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of super-fine almond flour with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast, as well as all of the seasonings listed above.
Then, Mix & Bake the Pickles
Toss in the sliced pickles with the flour mix until each piece is coated with the dredge.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay the pickles out evenly, without touching.
Either melt 1 tablespoon of vegan butter and baste each pickle chip or lightly spray them with cooking oil.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25-27 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
Finally, Make the Ranch Sauce
The vegan ranch is so simple! Just mix together 1 tablespoon of vegan mayo, 1.5 tablespoon vegan cream cheese, chopped green onions, onion powder & garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of almond milk.
For the most part, this recipe is very straightforward and you might even have all the ingredients already!
If you don't have nutritional yeast, not a problem! Just omit and add a bit more salt & garlic powder.
Instead of almond flour, feel free to use regular flour, whole wheat flour, or another gluten-free flour of your choice! However, I would not recommend using coconut flour for this recipe.
Make it WFPB! (Whole-food, plant-based)
WFPB avoids animal products as well as oils, refined sugars and grains, and processed foods.
Luckily, this recipe is pretty close to WFPB already! Almond flour is perfect for this, as it is made from a whole food. Simply omit the butter or oil, and cut back or omit the amount of salt.
Vegan Oven-Fried Pickles
Vegan Ranch Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vegan mayo
- 1½ tablespoon Vegan cream cheese
- Chopped scallions
- Onion & Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Almond milk unsweetened
- Slice pickles if they are not already sliced
- Mix together the almond flour, cornstarch, nutritional yeast, and all seasonings with a dash of salt
- Toss in the sliced pickles with the flour mixture until each one is coated evenly
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper
- Line the pickles up, making sure they don't touch
- Spray lightly with oil or baste with vegan butter
- Bake at 400° for 25-27 minutes, until crisp and golden
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the ranch
- Let the pickles cool and enjoy!