This curry peanut noodle soup is so so comforting, cozy, & easy! It is vibrant, flavorful, and delicious. Perfect for once the weather starts cooling down!
I love to use curry powder and make a curry dish whenever I'm running low on groceries or I have veggies that need to be used quickly! Curry is so full of flavor and it can be mixed with nearly anything you have!
I chose to use peanut butter in this dish because it added a thick creaminess to the dish, which made it not become a watery soup. It also gave it a nutty and almost sweet flavor. Since I didn't use coconut milk, that nutty sweetness and thickness from the peanut butter helped to recreate what you would get from a coconut milk
This curry peanut noodle soup is great because it only uses a few core ingredients, and everything else is easily customizable!
If you have noodles, peanut butter, milk, and curry powder, you can easily make this!
Rice noodles are certainly preferred in this recipe. However, I often use regular spaghetti noodles in asian dishes when I'm in a pinch. Use whatever you have on hand, whether that is rice noodles, spaghetti noodles, or regular rice!
If you don't have peanut butter, or if you have a nut allergy, tahini would work very well here! A creamy almond or cashew butter would also be delicious, so long as they are not sweetened or flavored in any way. My favorite brand of creamy peanut butter is linked here.
I cooked baby bok choi into the soup because it is what I had in my fridge. If you don't have that then kale, spinach, or any other dark leafy green will work just as well!
The toppings are entirely up to you! This is what I love so much about this dish, it's extremely customizable. I used crispy tofu, mushrooms, and cilantro. Any protein or veggies you have on hand would be delicious.
- 1 package of rice noodles
- yellow curry powder
- creamy peanut butter
- baby bok choy or another green
- dairy-free milk of choice (coconut is best, but I used oat milk + vegan cream cheese)
- tofu, mushrooms, cilantro, etc. for toppings
- Boil noodles as instructed, drain and rinse
- In a saucepan, add your milk and peanut butter. Stir until smooth
- Add lots of curry powder and any other seasonings
- Add bok choy or veggies of choice
- Sear tofu in a separate pan
- Add noodles back to the sauce and stir until thick and creamy!